Personal Injury Lawyers of Rockland County: Spring Valley, New City, Nanuet, Monsey, Pearl River, Haverstraw, West Haverstraw, Suffern, Stony Point, Ossining, Sleepy Hollow, and Tarrytown. Goldberg and Dohan focus exclusively on personal injury and accident cases, seeking compensation for injured clients and the families of those who died in wrongful death catastrophic accidents. Our personal […]
Injured In A NYC Accident?
Get A New York Personal Injury Lawyer
Goldberg and Dohan are New York personal injury attorneys serving: Bronx, Manhatten, Queens, Long Island, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Yonkers, Hempstead, White Plains, New Rochelle, Mt Vernon, Peekskill, Ossining, and all of the Greater NYC area.
New York City Office
275 Madison Avenue
Suite 705New York City, NY 10016
or 888.352.9243 (new personal injury client inquiries)
After I Retain A Personal Injury Lawyer
After we file your NYC injury lawsuit, you will generally be responsible for making yourself available for the following:
1) to answer written questions (“interrogatories”) and producing certain documents;
2) to submit to a medical examination with a doctor paid for by the defendant;
3) to submit to a deposition and attend a meeting beforehand with us to prepare you for it;
4) attend a court ordered mediation, where you and all defendants meet and try to resolve your case; and lastly
5) attend a trial (which usually last anywhere from 3-10 days depending on the complexity of the case and the issues to be tried).
You are also responsible to ensure you attend you doctor appointments and follow your doctor’s treatment plan.
What Should I Do After An Accident?
You Must Seek Medical Attention
Have the police at the seen call for medical attention. Immediate medical attention ensures. having immediate medical care helps to build your case and helps your injury lawyer negotiate with insurance companies. Getting medical attention quickly isn’t just for your health; it strengthens your personal injury negligence claim. If you wait too long after the accident, it will be harder to prove that your injuries were the result of the accident.
Take Detailed Notes and Photos
Take pictures of the accident location
Take photos of your car’s damage.
Keep a record of lost wages.
Get the contact information of witnesses.
Take photos of your Injuries
If you cannot do it, ask a friend to take pictures of your injuries.
Hire the New York personal injury law firm Goldberg and Dohan